Tomato Instant Ramen
- 2 packets spicy instant ramen like Shin Ramen
- 4 1/2 cups (1100 mL) water
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes rough chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp gochugaru
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 hot chili pepper chopped
- 1 egg whisked
- In a pot, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Toss in the onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until the tomates have softened.
- Add gochugaru and mix well. Saute for 30 seconds then pour in the water.
- Toss in the instant ramen flakes and seasoning packet. Bring to a boil then add the instant noodles and chopped chili pepper.
- While the noodles are cooking, whisk an egg in a bowl. When the noodles are 80% done, pour in the whisked egg in a circular motion. Simmer for 30 seconds then garnish with scallions.
- Serve and enjoy!