If you like tteokbokki and you like ramen, you’re gonna love rabokki! I mean, what’s not to love? You get best of both worlds in one bite!
The key ingredient to marry the tteokbokki and ramen together is a little bit of the ramen powder. I like using Shin Ramen because it’s my favorite ramen but use whatever you like! Adding a slice of cheese will make this extra bomb so I highly recommend adding it in. Feel free to use any cheese you like!
- 1/2 cup cabbage chopped
- 1/4 cup onion sliced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 8-10 tteok (rice cakes)
- 1 instant ramen noodle
- 1/2 packet ramen powder
- 3 cups anchovy broth or water
- cheese optional
- 1 tbsp gochujang Korean red pepper paste
- 1 tbsp coarse gochugaru Korean red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp fine gochugaru Korean red pepper powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 cups water
- 8 dried anchovies innards removed
- 5 small pieces of kelp
- 1/2 medium onion
- In a pot, combine water, anchovies, kelp and onion. Bring this to a boil over medium heat for 20 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to half (about 3 cups). Strain and set aside.
- To prepare the sauce, combine gochujang, coarse gochugaru, fine gochugaru, soy sauce, and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the anchovy stock in a deep pan. Add the sauce mixture and half packet of ramen powder.
- Toss in the tteok, cabbage, onion, and scallions. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- When the liquid has slightly reduced, add the instant ramen and cook noodles to your desired doneness.
- Add cheese and cover until melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin & save this recipe for later!