Chili oil is something I don’t think I can live without. And at this point, I’m convinced anything that has chili oil on it, will turn out amazing, from ramen to tacos to ice cream and apparently now even watermelon!
This chili oil ramen is the next level up of a broke college kid’s lunch that everyone seems to love, and for a damn good reason. By combining the ramen powder with a few everyday ingredients, you can create something magical and glorious. I mean the aroma of the hot sizzling oil hitting the spice mixture is just insane! In my opinion, an egg with a runny yolk is essential for ramen – whether it’s soupy or soupless like this.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy and delicious meal, this chili oil ramen will get the job done!
Chili Oil Ramen
- 1 package instant ramen I like Shin Ramen
- 1 tsp gochugaru Korean red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame seeds plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp Chinese black vinegar substitute with white vinegar
- 1 scallion chopped white and greens separated
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1 egg fried
- In a heatproof bowl, combine 3/4 of the ramen packet powder, gochugaru, sugar, sesame seeds, vinegar, white part of the scallion, garlic and black pepper.
- Heat up the oil until it's nice and hot. Then carefully pour the hot oil over the spice mixture. Mix everything together and you have chili oil!
- Cook the instant ramen according to the package instructions or your preferred doneness. Strain and toss it into the chili oil. Mix together until the noodles are fully coated.
- Garnish with the green part of the scallions, sesame seeds and a fried egg
Pin & save this recipe for later!