The Breakfast Crunchwrap from Taco Bell is my all-time favorite fast food breakfast! It’s a meal that I could probably eat everyday but probably shouldn’t. After seeing the nutrition facts for one breakfast crunchwrap, I knew I had to recreate it at home so that I had complete control of what was going into it. This meant that I could add my own twist, like sautéing kimchi with the sausage and even making a parmesan crisp!
To be quite honest, this tasted like a gourmet or elevated crunchwrap. The complexity and marriage of all these flavors from the kimchi and sausage, creamy jalapeno/pickle sauce, and the parmesan crisp really worked!
If you want to level up your breakfast, give my recipe a try!! 🙂
Kimchi Breakfast Crunchwrap with Parmesan Crisp
- 2 flour tortillas, burrito size, warmed
- 6 oz ground sausage, or your choice of protein
- 1/4 cup kimchi, chopped
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cooked hashbrowns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 tbsp pickle or jalapeno juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp pickled jalapenos or pickles
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt, adjust to taste
- 1 thai chili chopped, optional
- Let's start by preparing the parmesan crisp! Preheat the oven to 400F or 205C. Prepare a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Transfer 1 tbsp of grated parmesan onto the baking sheet and spread it out into a thin circle, about 4 inches in diameter. Repeat for the remaining cheese, making sure to leave about 1 inch space in between each. Bake for 4-7 minutes or until golden brown, then set aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground sausage and break it up into small pieces with a spatula. When the sausage is fully cooked, push it to one side and add 1 tbsp butter.
- Once the butter melts, add the chopped kimchi and cook for 1 minute. Mix the kimchi and sausage together and cook for another minute. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
- In another bowl, scramble the eggs with salt. Heat a pan over low-medium heat and add the remaining tbsp of butter. Cook the eggs to your preferred doneness and transfer to a bowl.
- For the sauce, combine mayo, pickle juice, pickled jalapenos, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion poweder, sugar, chili powder, and salt. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- Once everything has been made, it's time to assemble!
- Lay a warm flour tortilla on cutting board and stack it with scrambled eggs, sausage kimchi mixture, 1-2 tbsp of sauce, freshly grated parmesan cheese, the parmesan crisp, and hash brown. Gently fold all sides of the tortillas over towards the center.
- Transfer the crunch wrap to a pan and toast it on both sides over low heat.
Pin & save this recipe for later!