This post is in partnership with EasyHomeMeals.com, a food and lifestyle blog sponsored by the National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA). All opinions are mine. For more easy recipes and ideas, check out EasyHomeMeals.com!
Fries are my all-time favorite snack and what I absolutely LOVE to indulge in. Any time I see fries on the menu, I have to order them because, well.. I just can’t resist lol. From regular salted fries to poutine to stacked and loaded fries, I love them all.
I wanted to combine my favorite snack with ingredients that are near and dear to my heart, so after a few rounds of testing, I was finally able to make something that is not only absolutely delicious but something I’m super proud of!
These Loaded Kimchi Fries are STACKED with so many layers of flavor, and it’s the perfect ‘treat yourself’ snack! It’s layered with perfectly crisp fries, kimchi that’s been sauteed in butter, a creamy, delicious garlicky, spicy mayo sauce, aromatics for some freshness, and a runny egg because…why not?
For this recipe, I’m using Alexia’s Frozen House Cut Fries, which makes this a convenient, quick, and easy snack! I like using the air fryer for cooking the fries to save myself even more time. Everything comes together in just 15 minutes, so you can spend less time cooking and more time enjoying. These fries are great because minimal prep is needed, and it saves me a ton of time when a fries craving strikes. If you want to spice up your fries, give this a try!
Here’s what you need to make these Loaded Kimchi Fries:
- Alexia’s Frozen House Cut Fries
- Sour Kimchi
- Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- Sesame Seeds
- Spicy Mayo Sauce
I think a good sauce is important for the ultimate fries experience. So, for the spicy mayo sauce, you’ll need:
- Sesame Oil
Now that you have all the ingredients, let’s get cooking! Follow my recipe instructions below for a step-by-step guide on making these quick and easy Loaded Kimchi Fries!
Loaded Kimchi Fries
- 16 oz Alexia's Frozen House Cut Fries
- 1/2 cup cup sour kimchi chopped
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp gochujang Korean red pepper paste
- 1 runny egg cooked
- 1 scallion chopped
- cilantro for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
Spicy Mayo Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayo preferably Japanese mayo
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic grated
- Begin my preparing the spicy mayo sauce! Combine mayo, sriracha, sesame oil, and grated garlic. Mix everything together until smooth and set aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter then add chopped kimchi, sugar, and gochujang. Sautee the kimchi for 2-3 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Preheat your air fryer at 400F. When it's ready, toss the frozen fries and cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on your air fryer. Make sure to shake or flip the fries half way though and check for doneness periodically.
- Let's assemble the fries! Transfer the fries to a serving plate. Layer it with the sauteed butter kimchi, a generous amount of spicy mayo sauce, scallion, cilantro, egg, and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pin & save this recipe for later!