If you have extra ramen flavor powder laying around the house like me, you have make popcorn with it! It’s so easy and it tastes so good! It literally takes 5 minutes to make.
I’m using the Shin Ramen soup flavor powder but any ramen powder would work for this. For an extra layer of flavor, I added curry powder and cumin powder and mixed it all together. Feel free to use any spices that you want – or you can leave them out completely and just use the ramen soup packet.
Move nights just got even better!
- 1/2 cup dried corn kernels
- 5 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/2 tbsp ramen flavor powder adjust to taste
- 3/4 tsp curry powder adjust to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder adjust to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the ramen flavor packet, curry powder, and cumin powder. Mix together well.
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a deep pan on medium heat. To test if the oil is hot, add a few kernels. When they pop, the oil is ready.
- Turn the lead to low and add the dried corn kernels in. Mix for a few seconds then cover with a lid. Shake the pan a few times to help mix the the kernels arounds.
- After all the kernals have popped, turn off the heat and remove the lid. Pour the ramen seasoning mixture on top. Drizzle 2 tbsp of oil and toss to coat the popcorn.
- Serve immediately!
Pin & save this recipe for later!