Mochi pancakes are light and fluffy while soft and chewy at the same time. They only take 20 minutes and if you love the texture of mochi, I promise you’ll love these pancakes!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup glutinous rice flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh berries for garnish
- In a bowl, combine all-purpose flour, glutinous rice flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a whisk, mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add milk and egg. Mix until homogenous.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture into the flour mixture. Using a spoon or whisk, gently mix. Be careful not to overmix to avoid a thick batter.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the microwave or stove top. Add melted butter and vanilla extract into the batter. Mix until combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter. Once the butter has melted, scoop 1/4 cup of the batter and pour it into the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface and the edges are golden brown. Flip then cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Serve with fresh fruits and maple syrup. Enjoy!
Pin & save this recipe for later!