If you’re looking to level up your fried rice game, try out this quick and easy pineapple fried rice recipe! Made with juicy succulent shrimp, sweet golden pineapple, in a delicious, savory fried rice.
Easy Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1/3 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 thai chili pepper sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 cups rice day-old and refrigerated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce adjust to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce adjust to taste
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder preferably madras curry
- 1/8 tbsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp neutral oil divided
- 5 oz raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- Let's prepare the shrimp. In a bowl, combine shrimp, soy sauce, and white pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a wok or deep pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok or pan, add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Toss in the onion, garlic and thai chili pepper. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Push the onion, garlic, and thai chili pepper to the side of the pan. Add in the whisked egg and mix together.
- Toss in the rice and break it apart with a spatula. Mix the rice with the egg mixture until fully combined.
- Season the rice with soy sauce, fish sauce, curry powder, and white pepper powder.
- Once the rice has been well mixed, add the cashews, shrimp, pineapple, and scallions. Stir fry and mix until combined.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Feel free to substitute the shrimp with any protein you like!
Pin & save this recipe for later!