Whenever I don’t feel like cooking, especially now that it’s hot and humid in NYC, this healthy delicious tuna sandwich always comes to the rescue.
It comes together in just 15 minutes and I love switching up the veggies based on what’s in season or what I have in my pantry!
Healthy Tuna Sandwich
- 4 slices of bread I like sourdough
- 2 cloves of garlic for bread
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese I like pepperjack
- 1 (150g) canned tuna drained
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp red onion chopped
- 3 tbsp cucumbers chopped
- 3 tbsp celery chopped
- 3 tbsp bell pepper chopped
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 tsp gochugaru Korean red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Prep and chop red onion, cucumbers, celery, bell pepper, and scallion.
- Combined the chopped vegetables, drained tuna, lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, gochugaru, and ground black pepper.
- Mix together well until thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust for seasoning if desired.
- Toast the bread in a toaster or in a pan over the stove top. Be careful not to over-toast them otherwise, they will be too crunchy!
- Remove the bread onto a plate and carefully rub the garlic cloves on both sides.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin & save this recipe for later!