This spicy gochujang caramel sauce is sweet, salty and super addicting!!
The gochujang adds umami to the caramel sauce and the spiciness subtly kicks in towards the end. You can have this with your favorite desserts like ice cream, snacks like popcorn, and even coffee!
- 200g (1 cup) sugar
- 28g (1 oz) light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 2/3 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 2 tsp gochujang, adjust for spiciness
- 1 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine heavy cream with gochujang and mix well until fully combined.
- In a pan over medium heat, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Heat until the mixture turns dark amber, making sure to constantly stir. Remove off heat.
- Pour heavy cream into the melted sugar and mix well.
- Next, add butter and salt. Mix until salt is completely dissolved.
- Pour through a chinois or fine mesh seive.
- Allow the caramel to cool before storing in the fridge.