This sweet and creamy banana pudding is hands down the best dessert you’ll bring to any party! I make this for every gathering and it’s always a crowd favorite. My friends and family literally BEG me for the recipe every time so here it is!
This recipe is inspired by Magnolia Bakery’s infamous banana pudding with a few modifications.
If you want to be the one to bring the best dessert to your next gathering, you have to make this!
Easy Banana Pudding
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk add more for additional sweetness
- 1 1/2 cups ice cold water
- 1 (3.4) oz box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 5-6 sliced ripe bananas
- 12 oz box Nilla Wafers
- pinch of kosher salt
- In a bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, ice cold water, vanilla instant pudding mix and salt. Mix together until well combined. Cover and transfer to the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the pudding to set.
- In a large bowl, add heavy cream and whip until stiff peaks form. Fold in 1/3 of the whipped cream into the pudding mixture then pour the pudding mixture into the remaining whipped cream. Gently fold together until there are no visible streaks.
- To assemble in a 4 quart glass or trifle bowl, add 1/4 of the pudding mixture. Then layer on 1/3 of the Nilla wafers followed by 1/3 of the sliced bananas. Repeat two more times. You should be left with 1/4 of the pudding mixture which you will layer on top. Garnish with Nilla wafers, Nilla wafer crumbs, and sliced bananas.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Serve chilled and enjoy!
Pin & save this recipe for later!