If there’s one recipe you make this week, it has to be these ginger scallion noodles. It’s been on repeat in my home and my 3rd time having them this week already! The best part about this recipe is that it’s super quick and easy, packed with flavor and only takes 20 minutes to make!
I love using dried knife cut noodles for recipes like this because it soaks up all the flavor from the infused oil. While you can enjoy this as is, you can also add your favorite proteins to make this a heartier meal. I had some leftover chicken thighs laying around so I shredded them up and topped them over the noodles.
Ginger Scallion Noodles
- 4 bundles dried knife cut noodles or your choice of noodles
- 1/4 cup ginger minced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced (about 6)
- 4 scallions minced
- 4 Thai chili chili peppers chopped
- 1/3 cup neutral oil
- 4 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp black vinegar
- 2 tsp Shaoxing wine
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- chopped scallions for garnish
- choice of your protein optional
- In a pot, heat neutral oil over low heat. Add minced ginger and fry for 10 minutes. Be careful not to burn or brown the ginger.
- After 10 minutes, toss in the minced garlic, scallions, and Thai chili peppers. Fry for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a heat-proof bowl. Add dark soy sauce, black vinegar, Shaoxing wine, sugar, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Transfer the noodles to a serving bowl. Top with your choice of protein (if using). Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the ginger scallion sauce over the noodles.
- Garnish with scallions and cilantro, and enjoy!