This is the easiest Korean banchan (side dish) recipe you’ll ever make! It’s the perfect quick and easy side dish to put together on a busy or lazy weeknight.
The tofu is served cold so all you need to do is assemble the sauce and pour it on top. There are so many tofu variations in Korean cooking and this is one of my favorites!
Korean Silken Tofu
- 1 12-16 oz package silken tofu
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 red pepper or jalapeno, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp gochugaru Korean red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chili oil optional
- Slice the tofu and arrange it on a plate.
- Combine the scallion, garlic, red pepper, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, gochugaru and sesame seeds. Mix together well.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the tofu. Top with chili oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin & save this recipe for later!