Summer is right around the corner and I’m all about light and refreshing salads! This is a Vietnamese-style tomato salad that’s quick, easy and perfect for the warmer weather. It has a nice balance of salty, sweet, spicy, and sour and you can make this in 10 minutes or less.
Feel free to adjust the amount of saltiness, sweetness, spiciness and sourness based on your preferences or tolerance. The most important thing is that you make it how you like!
Vietnamese Tomato Salad
- 3 tomatoes on the vine
- 1 small shallot sliced
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro rough chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp lime juice rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 thai chili peppers chopped
- To prepare the dressing, add the sugar and warm water in a bowl. Mix together until the sugar has fully dissolved. Add lime juice, fish sauce, minced garlic, and chopped thai chili peppers. Mix well until combined. Adjust the sweetness and saltiness to taste. Place the dressing in the fridge while you prepare the salad.
- Wash the tomatoes and pat dry. Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the core. Cut each half into 4 pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, sliced shallots, sliced onions, and chopped cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over the tomatoes and mix to coat well. Allow this to sit for 10 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to develop.
Pin & save this recipe for later!