Chinese Garlic Fried Rice
- 2 1/2 cups cold day-old rice preferably long-grain rice
- 1 garlic bulb about 12 garlic cloves
- 2 scallions white and green parts separated
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 2-3 tsp soy sauce adjust to taste
- 1 tsp Shaoxing wine cooking wine
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- Start by mincing the garlic and chopping the scallions. Be sure to keep the white and green parts separated.
- Add oil and minced garlic to a cold pan or wok. Turn the heat to low and fry the garlic until light brown, making sure to consistently stir to prevent burning. This takes about 5 to 7 minutes. Strain the garlic oil then set the fried garlic aside.
- Pour the infused garlic oil into the pan or wok over medium heat. Toss in the white part of the scallions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the cold day-old rice and break up the rice with a spatula to get rid of any clumps. Toss the rice so it's well coated in the infused oil.
- Season the rice with chicken bouillon powder, soy sauce, and Shaoxing wine. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Add the fried garlic and ground white pepper. Give it one last toss then transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with the green part of the scallions and serve!