This Thai green curry brings me right back to the streets of Thailand! It’s fragrant, spicy, and easily customizable with your favorite proteins or vegetables.
I prefer my curries on the thicker side so I reduce half the coconut milk with the curry paste before adding the remainder of the coconut milk to the pan. Sometimes I’ll have a bunch of Thai basil leftover and I like to throw them in the freezer and use them for recipes like this one. So quick, easy, and no waste!
Make sure to have extra rice on deck because you’ll be devouring this!!
Thai Shrimp Green Curry with Vegetables
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk divided
- 3 tbsp green curry paste
- 1/2 lb shrimp peeled + deveined
- 12 Thai eggplants quartered
- 1½ cup bamboo shoots canned
- ¼ red bell pepper julienned
- 1 cup Thai basil
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cup chicken stock low-sodium
- 4 kaffir lime leaves substitute with 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp palm sugar substitute with brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- Heat oil in a pan over low-medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add curry paste and sauté for 2 minutes. Pour in ¾ cup coconut milk and reduce into a thick paste, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once it has thickened, add chicken stock, kaffir lime leaves, palm sugar, fish sauce and the remaining coconut milk. Bring to a simmer then add eggplants and bamboo shoots. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss in shrimp and bell peppers, and cook for 2 minutes. When the shrimp is just about fully cooked, add Thai basil and give it a good stir.
- Once the Thai basil has wilted, it's ready to serve.
- Enjoy with fresh jasmine rice!