This salmon sashimi donburi or rice bowl is one of my favorite ways to make a quick and easy meal! Only a few simple ingredients are needed to make a delicious 10 minute lunch or dinner. With that being said, I highly recommend using the freshest ingredients when making this! You really want the ingredients to shine through.
Salmon Sashimi Rice Bowl
- 8 oz salmon sashimi grade
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 tbsp fish roe
- 2 shiso leaf for garnish
- wasabi to taste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup sake
- 3 dried kelp
- 1/4 cup bonito flakes
- Let's prepare the sauce first!
- In a pot, combine soy sauce, mirin, sake, and kelp and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the bonito flakes and cook for 3-5 minutes. Strain and cool in the fridge.
- Let's finish up the bowl!
- Scoop the rice into a bowl and allow this to come to room temperature.
- Slice the salmon, preferably at an angle for better presentation.
- Once the rice has cooled, add 1 tsp of the mentsuyu sauce over the rice.
- Top the rice with sliced salmon, avocado, sishio leaf, fish roe and wasabi.
- Pour another tsp of the mentsuyu sauce over the salmon. Add more if needed.
- Serve immediately!
2. You can purchase bottled mentsuyu sauce at a Japanese market.
3. The homemade mentsuyu sauce will last in the fridge for up to 4 weeks!
Pin & save this recipe for later!