Ground anchovy powder is a pantry staple in my home! It comes in real handy for days where I want to whip up something quick. This is ideal for soups and stews that call for anchovy broth.
All I need to do is add a spoonful of this anchovy powder and it’ll get the job done. It shaves off about 20 minutes of cooking time and it adds a ton of flavor too!
I usually make a big batch and store it in the fridge! They have a really long shelf life when refrigerated.
After the dried anchovies are toasted, they can be eaten whole as a snack! They make great anju 🙂
How to Make Anchovy Powder
- 1/2 lb dried anchovies innards removed
- Prepare the dried anchovies by removing the innards. The heads add a ton of flavor so I like to keep them.
- In a pan, add the anchovies and set the heat to low.
- Toast until the anchovies until browned on both sides.
- Transfer to a blender and blend into a fine powder.
- Store in a tight lid container in the fridge.
- After toasting the anchovies, they can be eaten whole as a snack!
Pin & save this recipe for later!