Beef Enoki Rolls
- 1 bundle enoki mushrooms
- 10 – 12 slices shabu beef thinly sliced beef
- 1/4 medium onion thinly sliced
- 4 oz napa cabbage roughly chopped
- 2 Thai chili peppers chopped, substitute with serrano peppers or jalapeno peppers
- 2 2 eggs whisked
- 1 tbsp neutral oil such as canola, vegetable, avocado, sunflower seed, grapeseed, or corn
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 scallion chopped for garnish
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1/2 tsp mushroom powder substitute with dashi powder or chicken bouillon
- 1/4 cup water
- Separate the enoki mushrooms into 10 to 12 portions. Wrap each enoki portion individually with a slice of shabu beef. Set aside for later.
- For the sauce, combine soy sauce, mirin, mushroom powder, and water. Mix until well combined or until the mushroom powder has fully dissolved.
- In a pan, heat neutral oil over medium heat. Add the onions, napa cabbage, and Thai chili peppers. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Place the enoki wrapped beef on top of the vegetables in one layer. Then pour the sauce right over the beef rolls. Cover with a lid and simmer on low for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the beef rolls are fully cooked, pour the whisked eggs on top in a circular motion. Top with scallions, sesame oil, and ground black pepper.
- Once the eggs have been set, remove them from the heat. Serve over freshly cooked rice and enjoy!